|Holidays are supposed to be the times of the year that we enjoy most. Times of celebration and pleasure and togetherness. But for some of us, they can be the absolute worst times of the year. Here’s how to make the upcoming holidays not just bearable, but also enjoyable…|
1. Don’t buy into that “just be positive” rhetoric. Changing your perspective on the holidays is about deep healing, NOT just putting on a smile. The pain around holidays must be acknowledged and resolved.
2. Stop being passive about your holiday experience. Be actively involved instead. Rather than staying stuck in a ‘life happens to me’ mindset, grab the bull by the horns and make the holidays what you want them to be. Your experience won’t change unless you change something.
3. Mine the coal for diamonds. Mine your holiday for their most important parts for you. What are the things that spark joy and are worth celebrating? There’s nothing wrong with doing away with traditions you don’t like and keeping or adding new ones you do.
4. Accept what you can’t change. If people in your family ruin holidays for you and aren’t open to discussion, accept that they will not change. You will be surprised how much this can reduce your pain. The expectation that one day it will magically be different is a sure way to hurt yourself.
5. If you’ve lost loved ones… Many people experience pain because of lost loved ones and hold onto that pain as a token of love. If enjoying the holidays without your lost loved one seems like a betrayal, ask yourself what they would want for you. What is the best way to honor them?
6. Seek the beauty in the holidays. Ritual is an important part of human health. Humans have been creating holidays since the beginning of time as they give people an excuse for creating enjoyment. They highlight what is important to us. And they give life significance and meaning. When it comes to the holidays, don’t expect that hallmark moment or try to force it. Even though people’s holiday albums may deceive you, no one’s experience is like that. Those perfect moments will come when you least expect it.1 EXPLORE TEAL SWAN
|Visit Teal Swan & Team|
TEAL’S HOLIDAY BUNDLE 2020
$173.92 You save: 36% ($62.92)
6 Ways To Make Christmas Enjoyable In 2020